What does reading books do to your brain? by John Michael Domingo https://www.quora.com/What-does-reading-books-do-to-your-brain/answer/John-Michael-Domingo?share=cfc61f9d&srid=g09a
What are 5 habits that can improve my life? by Viraj Patel https://www.quora.com/What-are-5-habits-that-can-improve-my-life/answer/Viraj-Patel-43?share=2b2f51c8&srid=g09a
What is the world’s oldest language still spoken today? by Chris Johann https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-worlds-oldest-language-still-spoken-today-1/answer/Chris-Johann?share=30398473&srid=g09a
What are useful social skills that can be picked up quickly? by William Beteet
Answer by William Beteet:
- Speak Loud and Clear – Make it easier for people to hear what you have to say
- Show Your Teeth When you Smile – It looks better and genuine
- Make Statements – They are more fun than questions
- Always Finish Your Sentence – Don’t let people interrupt you
- Laugh When People are Funny – Don’t hold back, it makes them feel better
- Act Like Everyone is Your Friend – It makes it easier to make friends
- Talk About a Meal You ate Earlier That Day – People love talking about food
- Tell Great Stories About the Mundane – People love hearing great stories that’s why we watch sitcoms. (Modulate your tone and use your hands to tell the story)
- Be Cocky but Make fun of Yourself – Makes you interesting and fun
- Share Intimate Details About Yourself – Makes people trust you faster
- Call People out for Being Rude – A simple “Not cool” works wonders for bad behavior
- Tell People What You Like About Them – It can make their day
- Talk About the Taboo – It leads to more interesting conversations and makes you memorable
- Ask Fun Questions – What did you eat for breakfast? Always leads to a great conversation
- Saying “I ran out of things to talk about” – Is sometimes the best thing to talk about.
- When in Doubt Talk Loud – It tricks your brain into becoming more comfortable
If you want to hear some of my conversations check out my podcast!
Do people get tired of learning how to code? by @WebDev_Cave
Answer by Ayoub Nejjari:
Please Don’t quit!
It’s very normal to get tired. It’s very normal to get frustrated, feel sick, have headaches, and want to quit. maybe you’ll feel bored sometimes. But Just Don’t! If you feel tired then that means you are putting efforts and doing your best which is a very good thing! Work isn’t fun, if it’s not tiring, then we shouldn’t call it WORK, right? Especially if you don’t have a passion for it, but that’s not a reason to quit, and I’ll tell you why:
First, Great things never come from Comfort Zone. It’s always hard to push yourself to the next level, because it requires something more than your usual. It requires additional efforts and energy, which tires us physically and mentally, but don’t think about that. Think about the result, think about the achievement, you’ll be in the next level, you’ll take a step towards the top, no matter how small it is, It is still a step!
Second, programming and software development can be very exhausting even for the very experienced gurus in the field, you should know that, this is how it works, it is always challenging, after all it’s all about problem solving, right? Especially, because you are expected to come up with the best solution possible. You should be comfortable with tiredness and exhaustion. 😉
Thirdly, This thing isn’t about smartness. It’s about practice, and the more you practice the concept the easier it will be for you. Also, it’s very normal to find something hard to get the first time you run into it. That’s something inevitable. You need a proof? Try to read about something new with total focus, even if you don’t understand it. Then, try to read it a second time.I am so sure that you will find it easier than the first time, and many things will make sense this time. Try to google the terms you don’t understand. Then come back, read it the third time. Try that and tell me! 😉
Let me give you some advises!
- Don’t work alone, always work in a group if you Can
- Train yourself to work with discipline not motivation! Motivation is not reliable trust me!
- Always try to understand new concept using different resources, that will help seeing the concept from different perspectives which will help you better get it.
- Frustration, boredom, tiredness, exhaustion, are all normal, very normal, they don’t indicate that you are not the right person for software development, They Say You are putting Effort and doing your best!
- Practice, and Always ask! believe me Quora and Stack-overflow are my best friends, and there are always people who are willing to help, you can get the best answers to your questions with them! I remember reading two books to understand a concept related to computer networking, I couldn’t get it, and it took me writing one sentence asking about it here in Quora, after 4hs, I felt like I am the happiest man on earth.
Please Don’t Quit! You’re in the right path!
What are some must know tricks and hacks in life? by Nisarg Soni
Answer by Nisarg Soni:
Here are some hacks:
- Get the WiFi password to almost anywhere by checking the comments on Foursquare.
- Placing an envelope in the fridge for an hour will unseal it. A good tip to know if you forgot to include something.
- Drinking two cups of water before meals can make you lose an average of 4.5 more pounds within 12 weeks than if you don’t.
- Mosquito bite? Press a HOT spoon onto the bite. The heat will destroy the chemical heat caused by the reaction and the itching will stop.
- Solve “spot the difference” puzzles instantly by crossing your eyes. The differences will appear immediately.
- Don’t know what to get someone for birthday? Have them make three guesses of “what you got them”. BOOM, three things he/she wants.
- If you ever have to park in a city at night, park in front of a bank. Why? They’re lit up and have cameras everywhere.
- To clean a microwave: Put a bowl of water inside and microwave for 3 minutes. The steam will moisten everything up making cleaning simple!
- Hold the floor number and door closing number at the same time while riding an elevator to skip all of the other floors.
- If someone hands you gum and you want to know if it is sugarless, fold it in a half. Sugarless gum will break, but normal gum will just bend.
- If you drop an earring, ring, or small screw simply turn off the lights and look with a flashlight. They’ll light right up.
- On camera, wearing yellow makes you look bigger and wearing green makes you look smaller.
- Exhale when your left foot hits the ground to avoid cramps while running.
- To stop yourself from vomiting, eat a mint/chew minty gum.
- Struggling to grasp a concept at school/work? Try Googling the subject with “site:edu” and “type:ppt”. This will give you power-point presentations on the given subject from universities.
- Have a good 20 minute work out in the morning. Then you can be lazy for the rest of the day, and you won’t feel guilty!
- Sugar can cure a burnt tongue.
- Putting your phone on airplane mode will stop ads while playing games.
- Wrinkly shirt? Throw it in the dryer with a few ice cubes for 5 minutes. Wrinkles gone.
- A cure for headaches: Take a lime, cut it in half, and rub it on your forehead. The throbbing should go away.
- If a disk is skipping, rub a banana over it to seal the scratches. Remember to wipe it off before you stick it back in.
- Need to tell a believable lie? Include an embarrassing detail, nobody doubts a story that makes you look dumb.
- Getting nauseous from reading in a car? Tilt your head side to side and it’ll go away.
- If you have a tough decision flip a coin, not to decide for you, but you’ll realize what you really want when it’s in the air.
- Lick your wrist and smell it. This is what your breath smells like to others.
- Put that you were Time’s 2006 person of the year on CV. in 2006, Time made “Everyone” the person of the year.
EDIT- adding some more:
- To convert Celsius to Fahrenheit, double the Celsius number and add 28.
- Want someone to stop texting you? Send them this SMS: SERVICE ERROR 305: MESSAGE DELIVERY FAILED. FURTHER MESSAGES WILL BE CHARGED TO YOUR ACCOUNT.
- Life tip: If you have to yell, you already lost the argument.
- When trying to look for percentages (eg. 40% of 300) drop the 1st digit of the number and multiply by the 10s digit of the %(4 * 30 = 120).
- Simply touching money has been proven to reduce physical and emotional pain.
- If you peel a banana from the bottom, you won’t have to pick the little “stingy things” off of it.
- If a man takes a pregnancy test and it comes back positive, he may have testicular cancer.
- Buying something from Amazon? Buy it on smile.amazon.com. Part of the proceeds go to a charity of your choice.
- On lozo.com you can put in everything on your shopping list and it will give you coupons for each item.
- Sleeping on your right side helps you fall asleep faster than sleeping on your left side.
- Always feel tired even after getting a good, long sleep? You’re probably dehydrated, drink some water right when you wake up.
- Having trouble falling asleep? Try the 4–7–8 technique: 4 second inhale, 7 second hold, 8 second release, and repeat. It really works.
What are 10 or fewer good habits for a 24 year old that can make life better? by Nisarg Leuva https://www.quora.com/What-are-10-or-fewer-good-habits-for-a-24-year-old-that-can-make-life-better/answer/Nisarg-Leuva?srid=g09a&share=fd33fd56